Minutes


Test

posted May 20, 2014, 9:03 AM by Dean Schrader

Test

11-28-12

posted Jan 14, 2013, 10:27 AM by Dean Schrader

Minutes from 11-28-12 Booster Meeting

 

When we were approving the minutes from October Al Soukup wanted to be sure that the portion of the Bylaws that had been changed was a revision not Old Bylaws and New Bylaws.  Jodi made the change. 

 

Al went over the financials and we discussed how the 4th Football home concessions sales were lower than previous games and how we lose concessions sales with all the people that are outside the fence sitting, standing, or stay in their cars.  No solutions were found.  Putting vinyl banners was suggested. 

 

Mike Machula just reminded us how much Dr. Pepper does for us.  They donated 30 cases pop, 15 cases Allsport, and 40 cases of water. 

 

The new sound system has been installed.  It was discussed that it would be a good idea for someone to a class to be trained on how to use it.  There should be more than one person who learns it.  Machula was going to talk to Rocky about finding out information on this. 

 

It was suggested that we might want to start using the Booster website more.  We could put financials and other information on it.  It is already on the Prairie website under Community/Parent Groups/Booster.  It would be nice if we could have a link under Athletics/Activities.

 

We have Booster clings we need to get out and distribute.

The Walk- in cooler will be installed the week of Dec 10th

 

The rental agreement has been approved for the SB/BB fields.  We will have to start lining up who will work the events. 

 

The Gator will be a future expense. 

Some plans have been drawn up for the layout of the new concession stand.  It was passed around and some changes were suggested.  Mike Machula was going to give Deb Condit the revisions and have her give us a quote. 

 

We thought that there may be a need for an overhang on the concessions and tables.  Thought maybe that would be a good project for the schools home construction class to help with. 

 

Adjourn 6:47pm Chris 1st motion, Mike 2nd motion.

November Agenda

posted Nov 27, 2012, 6:46 AM by Dean Schrader

 Agenda for Nov meeting  11-28-12

 

Approval of minutes

 

Financials

 

Old business

Sound system is installed

Walk in cooler is in Iowa City ready for pick up, need to schedule time for install

Gator- discuss what our next step will be on this, priority right now or not?

 

New Business

Rocky update on scheduling for new SB/BB concessions

Committees-need volunteers

Concession layout, new menus, less of a variety in product (Committee out)

Take a look at pictures of new concession layout and move forward on getting quotes possibly

 

 

Oct 17, 2012

posted Nov 27, 2012, 6:45 AM by Dean Schrader

Minutes from Booster Meeting Oct 17, 2012

 

Mary started the meeting.  We went over the minutes from 9-19-12 and there were no changes.  Al went over the financial report. 

 

There was question at a previous meeting about some banners that were purchased to put up in the gym and we were told the gymnasium was going to get painted this summer and then they would be put up.  We are waiting for a purchase order to be issued so we can get the walk in cooler that was approved in the September meeting on its way.  

 

We are in the process of establishing sub committees to help better serve College Community.  Mary discussed the importance of the groups and the involvement of more people to help form these committees.  The Boosters would like people to choose a committee that may interest them and what the groups would do is meet maybe once a month, separate from our regular 3rd Wed of the month.  At these meetings certain topics would be discussed then brought to the large meeting.  Jodi will send out the list of sub-committees and if someone is interested they can let her know maybe a 1st choice and 2nd choice. 

 

Some changes were made to the Bylaws.  Al added a section onto 6.1 Distribution of Funds regarding Exceptions to this policy are: 

OLD:

ARTICLE VI – DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS

6.1    DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS

Distribution and use of funds will be determined by a majority vote of the officers and voting members present.  College Community School District purchasing polices must be followed, no purchases are acceptable without prior District authorization.  Priority for “Activity Request” funding will be based on the need, student use of activity, how soon the activity is to take place, practicality, immediate need for funds, and long-term effect and requires prior Activities Director approval

Exceptions to this policy are:

A)   Consumables purchased for resale at approved concession locations

B)   Concession equipment and fixtures used for the delivery of concession sales limited to $1,000 with an Executive Officer approval

C)   Other expenditures to assist the “Purpose” of the Booster Club as needed on a priority or emergency basis not to exceed $1,000 with an Executive Officer approval

All expenditures approved without full Booster Club approval are required to be reported in detail as a part of the Treasurer’s report at the next available meeting.    

New: 

 

6.2    DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS

Distribution and use of funds will be determined by a majority vote of the officers and voting members present.  College Community School District purchasing polices must be followed, no purchases are acceptable without prior District authorization.  Priority for “Activity Request” funding will be based on the need, student use of activity, how soon the activity is to take place, practicality, immediate need for funds, and long-term effect and requires prior Activities Director approval

Exceptions to this policy are:

D)   Consumables purchased for resale at approved concession locations

E)    Concession equipment and fixtures used for the delivery of concession sales limited to $3,000 with an Executive Officer’s approval

F)    Other expenditures to assist the “Purpose” of the Booster Club as needed on a priority or emergency basis not to exceed $1,000 per case basis with a majority of Executive Officer approval.

All expenditures approved without full Booster Club approval are required to be reported in detail as a part of the Treasurer’s report at the next available meeting.    

Randy Perkins 1st

Chris Perkins 2nd motion

All were in favor and it was passed with the new wording. 

 

Some of the Boosters went to take a look at the new SB/BB concessions to get an idea of  what they would like the layout of the room to be.  Some plans are going to be drawn up for us to take a look at and approve in order to get a bid on it.  We need to start a list of the items we are going to need to purchase like popcorn popper, freezer, cupboards.

 

Maybe we need to form a group who can help with list of other items for the fields like signs, picnic tables, bleachers????

 

We have an exclusive contract with Dr.Pepper.  Since we have this contract they send us a check every year for $5,000.  They will do this for 5 years.  This is the second check that we have received.  They do a lot for the Boosters.  

Minutes 9/19/2012

posted Oct 10, 2012, 11:20 AM by Dean Schrader

Minutes from 9-19-12 Booster meeting;

  • Meeting came to order at 5:35 with introductions and approval of minutes with a few changes. 
  • Al went over the financials.
  • We needed to decide what kind of design we want to put on the new sound system board.  There were 2 choices and it came down to a vote and we chose to do the one that just spelled out Mississippi Valley Conference.  Michelle Phelps-1st motion, Tina Usher 2nd motion, all were in favor.
  • The new Batters Eye will be put up soon.  The last batters eye was damaged in storm so they are installing new one.  Supplies and labor are being donated. 
  • Megan Olson volunteered to work with the Booster website. 
  • Mike Machula brought in quotes for the walk-in cooler.  Mike thought the one for $10819.00 was the right size and price.  Randy made 1st motion and Mark 2nd motion to go ahead and purchase that one.  All in favor to go ahead. 
    • Benefits: deliveries go right in and unload, don’t have to worry about mice or bugs getting into product, use all year round, less electricity, warranty come with a new one.  Dwayne Carver was OK with where it was going.  We would need to buy our own racks if we wanted to stack candy in there or something.       
  • Discussed that we need to establish committees to work on operations, public relations, allocations, strategic planning, and Menu/vendors.  Jodi will send out the minutes from 9-19-12 meeting and the descriptions of these groups and get volunteers or suggestions on what each committee’s duties would be. 
  • The School Board is still working on getting policy made for the new BB/SB fields. 
  • Perkins did a trial run selling drinks on North side of concessions stand and made about $400 plus tips at last home football game.  Good idea.  We need to prepare for selling Hot Cocoa for next games.
  • Great turnout on concession workers for football games.  Michelle has done a great job getting people there.  Next year the shift needs to be 1st: 4:45-7:15 and 7:15- close so we are sure to have plenty of help to clean if the game runs longer.  
  • Mike is getting couple of stainless steel warmers for the grill.
  • We approved spending $500 on the video equipment for the Championship Community night.  Dean Schrader 1st motion, Michelle Phelps 2nd.  Not unanimous but majority did vote to pay the $500. 
  • Brought up that we are losing ticket sales and concessions by people sitting outside the fence or in their cars to watch football games.  Thought this topic would be a good School Board item.
  • Dean and Mike will go to Board meeting to thank the board for helping purchase the sound system and we thought Steve Doser could put out a message about the new Sound System.
  • Meeting adjourned at 6:50

1-5 of 5